The year two thousand twelve. Chronologically. 1: Messenger No. 4 (or How to Survive a Greek Tragedy) 2. My first tattoo 3. Tis Pity She’’s a Whore 4. Rose Rage 5. Birth of Athena 6. Cape Cod 7. Weekend in Utopia 8. Doctor Faustus 9. Quills And so ends [...]
My brain didn’t come with a user guide or best practices manual. Mostly I have to figure out how it works and then sort of lean to make it work more the way I think it should. It’s not that it’s broken or anything it just deals with things in ways that aren’t useful. Time for instance. The subroutines in [...]
I am a non-believing (formerly-believing) son of genuine believers. I spend a lot of time in this strident cultural moment understanding the Christian impulse being expressed while no longer condoning (or working towards) the cultural hegemony that that cohort is so hungry for.
1. Ariana Page Russell has dermatogrpahia and works it. 2. So many flavors my brain began leaking. 3. I feel bad sharing Smitten Kitchen sometimes as you all ead it alrady, but APPLE PIE COOKIES. COME ON. 4. Virginia Wagner – Ledge Effect 5. Simon Prades
1. Fruit skulls. FRUIT. SKULLS by Dmitri Tsykalov 2. Collage Fawn! 3. Semiprecious – Sam Wolfe Connelly. There’s something about the light in this… 4. Amazing Origami from – Shuki Kato 5. Typographic Maps!
Yaron Strindberg’s the Brain/City Project Yutaka Sone Islands Joseph Leroux Philippe Baylaucq‘s ORA – no lighting: 3D thermal imaging! Take a book, leave a book….
1. Muscle up! 2. I love this lil guy from Matt Walford. He reminds me of Archimedes from Clash of the Titans 3. Faux death portraits from Oleg Dau 4. Holy Crap Kristian Schuller is DROWNING in colour! 5. Rook Floro’s Shadow
1. Look the TEXTURE of this dish well may be a nightmare, but the FLAVORS sound great and the COLORS are amazing: Watermelon radish. Perfect. 2. With examples in our lives such as the Crane Dance of the Trash Project or the puppetry of Connor Hopkins in the upcoming Ridley Walker or Lunatique Fantastique in our past, Megan and I [...]
We’re Malicious Glamour heavy this week. I get that. 1. Martha Graham 2. Mary Pickford 3. Sepraven 4. I love the texture here: 5. Hep Svadja – Trojan Horse at Sunset from the Playa
1. Diana / Apollo Pt II by Christopher Luciana 2. Under Nuclear Threat – Luzinteruptus 3. Hippocampus – Greg A. Dunn 4. Rodd Luff – 5. A lovely private commission from Stuart Kolakovic