A year ago… a man and his art: Well not his art… This is “Crusher” by Simon Birch as installed at 14th Factory. A lot of art folks hate this sort of work… art made for selfies and they hate folks who deign to take their selfies with it. I understand their argument in terms of taking your photo with say the Mona Lisa, but when experiencing the Crusher you are the thing intended to be crushed. You have a place within this art you are a co-subject and the image created is yours and yours alone. And my experience of this piece is twofold. both staring at 300 pitchforks aimed at me and of the disassociate image of that moment. That’s rad. 2. We lost Donald Hall this week. You can’t very well love words and hail from New Hampshire and not have been near the orbit of Donald
1. Emulsifier – This rotating glass sculpture by THOMAS MEDICUS. 2. Cocktail of the week: a blueberry gin sour from Supergoldenbakes 3. Three Doors by Charles Simic This one kept its dignity Despite being kicked And smudged with fingerprints. Someone wanted to get in Real bad. Now the whole neighborhood can see What went on late last night And the night before. Two clenched fists Raised high Pounding, pounding, And asking God To please bear witness. * * * This door’s hinges, I suspect, Give off a nasty screech From seeing Too many feet caught in it. Just a minute ago, Some fellow With that it-pays-to-be-cagey look Snuck out. Screams of a child, Yelps of a kicked dog And wild laughter Followed after him. * * * I heard the neighbor’s screen door Creak open at daybreak To let the cat in With what sounded like a stage whisper Into
1. Mud mural from Yusuke Asai. Yes mud really: 2. Deep Fried Tequila Shots TRUE THING: 3. This Shadow Box… or rather a box that cast shadows from ANILA QUAYYUM AGHA: 4. A dangerous sounding Horchata cocktail: 5. The winding of the year for a good New Hampshire boy will lead to Robert Frost and as Austin nights get below 85° it’s begun to feel a little like an autumn, so indulge me: For Once, Then, Something BY ROBERT FROST Others taunt me with having knelt at well-curbs Always wrong to the light, so never seeing Deeper down in the well than where the water Gives me back in a shining surface picture Me myself in the summer heaven godlike Looking out of a wreath of fern and cloud puffs. Once, when trying with chin against a well-curb, I discerned, as I thought, beyond the picture, Through the picture, a
1. Eight of Cups by Sara Emily Kuntz from the Cabildo Quarterly I would get this funny déjà vu in the kitchen with you: your neck bent, shoulders down, as you sliced a tomato, or washed out a coffee mug. Your back like the poor wanderer on the Eight of Cups, familiar. As a child I’d watch my grandpa hunched over the grill on the tarmac driveway, or at the sink washing the dishes after dessert. He told me that cold water dissolves dairy better than hot, cleans the ice cream bowls faster. I never knew when he was joking. You texted me two photos of your face. Beard updates from three thousand miles as the dimple in your chin gradually disappears again. In the upper left above your head hangs an old dutch hex of two unicorns, watching like the dual-phased moon that hangs over the wanderer as he leaves
1. I enjoy clever street art… 2. Drink of the week: Gin Basil Lemonade This is what I will be making with Genius Gin for the Trouble Puppet Get Into Trouble party tomorrow… My recipe is a bit different 2/1 Lemonade to gin; shake with bruised basil serve on ice. 3. Lin Tianmiao‘s art is so haunting… 4. Bubbles!!! 5. 2Twenty‘s night shot from the Salton Sea (via Supersonic Electronic)
1. Martin Tomsky’s laser cut woodcuts: 2. Lenka Simeckova’s illustrations… slinky menace – reminiscant of Sandman covers… 3. This week’s drink is the Radical Cure from the Alchemy Bar on Carnival Cruiselines Bombay Original Gin, lavender essence, fresh lime juice and Maraschino Liqueur. Strong, floral, and sweet without being cloying. (Photo @Willhollis) 4. Seung-Hwan OH combines photos with emulsion eating bacteria… literally letting life happen to the art… 5. Warsan Shire – Ugly Your daughter is ugly. She knows loss intimately, carries whole cities in her belly. As a child, relatives wouldn’t hold her. She was splintered wood and sea water. They said she reminded them of the war. On her fifteenth birthday you taught her how to tie her hair like rope and smoke it over burning frankincense. You made her gargle rosewater and while she coughed, said macaanto girls like you shouldn’t smell of lonely or empty. You
1. Zara Pickens Illustration esp: 2. Cocktail of the week: straightforward as the come, the Gimlet 3. The inscrutable book cover feel of this: 4. This not-a-nebula exposure from Davis Ayer: 5. These Pace Prints of James Turrel’s Aten Reign:
As summer ends the palate starts to shift and I start wanting more ginger… but I miss the perfect cantaloupes that Johnson’s Backyard Garden sent me this summer:
1. Ariana Page Russell has dermatogrpahia and works it. 2. So many flavors my brain began leaking. 3. I feel bad sharing Smitten Kitchen sometimes as you all ead it alrady, but APPLE PIE COOKIES. COME ON. 4. Virginia Wagner – Ledge Effect 5. Simon Prades
1. Fruit skulls. FRUIT. SKULLS by Dmitri Tsykalov 2. Collage Fawn! 3. Semiprecious – Sam Wolfe Connelly. There’s something about the light in this… 4. Amazing Origami from – Shuki Kato 5. Typographic Maps!
Yaron Strindberg’s the Brain/City Project Yutaka Sone Islands Joseph Leroux Philippe Baylaucq‘s ORA – no lighting: 3D thermal imaging! Take a book, leave a book….
1. Muscle up! 2. I love this lil guy from Matt Walford. He reminds me of Archimedes from Clash of the Titans 3. Faux death portraits from Oleg Dau 4. Holy Crap Kristian Schuller is DROWNING in colour! 5. Rook Floro’s Shadow
1. Look the TEXTURE of this dish well may be a nightmare, but the FLAVORS sound great and the COLORS are amazing: Watermelon radish. Perfect. 2. With examples in our lives such as the Crane Dance of the Trash Project or the puppetry of Connor Hopkins in the upcoming Ridley Walker or Lunatique Fantastique in our past, Megan and I have been talking about what I am calling endowed personification because anthropomorphosis doesn’t quite cover it and I don’t know a better word…. regardless, Johnston Foster is doing it. 3. Edouard Martinet making sculptures that not only look as though they “work” but that they’re ready to star in the sequel to Jasper Morello 4. Yoskay Yamamoto brings us a a Marisella Orta character clearly rooted on this earth with her head in the stars. 5. Quidam 33 from Julian Gustlin [The rest of the Quidam series]
We’re Malicious Glamour heavy this week. I get that. 1. Martha Graham 2. Mary Pickford 3. Sepraven 4. I love the texture here: 5. Hep Svadja – Trojan Horse at Sunset from the Playa
1. Diana / Apollo Pt II by Christopher Luciana 2. Under Nuclear Threat – Luzinteruptus 3. Hippocampus – Greg A. Dunn 4. Rodd Luff – 5. A lovely private commission from Stuart Kolakovic
1. Squash, Eggs, Goat Cheese. I’m pretty well sold. <img src="http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/kitchen/2011_08_17-squash1 alternative viagra france.jpg” alt=”” width=”820″ height=”706″ /> 2. Ydk Morimoe 3. A Perfect Vacuum – Jeremy Geddes 4. Ben Heine 5. mmmm light.
1. Purse! 2. “Abbadon” by Barbara Broadwell 3. Ann Hamilton again! 4. Ken Wong 5. DAL – Redeer
1 Alexander Jansson 2. not for Texas but OMG 3. Rainbow Ants 4. SUPER 5. Com-FY
1.MoonyKhoa Le <img src="http://www.emptykingdom.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/safe_zone_by_moonywolf vente ligne viagra.jpg” alt=”” /> 2. Jeff Simpson 3. Ai Shinohara 4. “Altered Perspectives” from Little Owl Design 5. From Curbly
1.0 Win. Dows. 2.0 By Tom French [We stardust we are golden…] 3.0 I try to avoid featuring Smitten Kitchen because we all read it, but C’MON 4. TOGETHER NOW (There something so punk rock about the young lady in the center) Counterpoint from Jonathon Darby 5.0 Evgeny Mlyukov
1. Elizaveta Porodina 2. Sisyphus from the Interesni Kazki collective 3. Tran Ngyuen 4. Lorenzo Duran 5. Shichinohe Masaru
1. Daphne Mir (@lekogirl) showed me the Hyphae lamps from Nervous System. WOW. 2. How to Build a Forest 3. I saw this like three places this week: CAPRESE FLAT OMNOMONOMONMONMON-Lette 4. A bed big enough to perform Hamlet in: <img src="http://img viagra bon site.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/b64d4099208147d2c9828e2f9859a942cdc99517_m.jpg” alt=”” width=”650″ height=”432″ /> 5. Sebastian Baumer
1. Apricot Rhyme (from SeriousEats.com) 2. From Maria Sardari 3. an editorial shoot for Majo Fruithof shot by Patrizio Di Renzo 4. Just Lovely 5. Tit for Tat 11 by JKBFletcher (caution Contains Superhero Themes)
1. Fuck yeah lovely rooms <img src="http://25 faut il une ordonnance pour viagra.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll0ii3bRtP1qfh970o1_500.jpg” alt=”” width=”594″ height=”895″ /> 2. Fuck Yeah Lovely Rooms 3. Pride Motherfuckers. New York catches up to the moment 4. Christophe Gilbert 5. Watermelon
1. Tattoos! No really! Gorgeous work from Amanda Wachob 2. Agnes Cecile 3. Lights! 4. Cocktail! Dress! 5. Wall of Plants!
1. Kahori Maki 2. Arugula Salad with Peaches and Goat Cheese 3. Knitted magic: 4. Swampy 5. Meg Hunt
1. Oatmeal Muffins! 2. Bundle of newspapers inspired pendant lamp from Brooke Woolsey 3. UFO from Alex Boil with with Mathilde Oriol 4. Brooke Shaden again 5. Martha Parsey
1. Russ Mills 2. Do we have cups… Rays from Chengyuan Wei on Vimeo. 3. Romeo Zivoin 4. Only 9.99! Watch Consumed (2015) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download 5. Street. Cred.
1. Loom, a film from arachnophobes nightmares, a literal moth in a literal spider’s web – buit more than that.. Loom from Polynoid on Vimeo. 2. Bramble cocktails – you heard me. (recipe on the click) 3. E.Spreen totally gave me this Kate McDowell for FREE [This is why Daphne’s should behave themselves] 4. Calvin and Hobbes tattoos!!! 5. Anthony James Watch Fifty Shades Darker (2017) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
1. Hot Chocolate! 2. 3 Person Chess! 3. Tobias Keene. For real click through. 4. Polly Morgan 5. Lights
1. Bacon. A LOT of bacon. 2. IKEA instructions to other things: 3. A light. 4. Graham Caldwell 5. Swoon + Cat Solen Swoon + Cat Solen from Levi's Film Workshop on Vimeo.
1. Sergio Cerchi – I also love “Raindrops” in Salon 6 [click the link] 2. Ain’t nothing wrong with aspirational furniture. Right? I mean… Right? Maybe an aspirational vehicle?Watch movie online The Transporter Refueled (2015)? 3. Sergio Lopez via Supersonic Electronic Via Hi-Fructose 4. Ann Marshall 5. Triple Ginger Cookies Recipe (from 101 Cookbooks)
1. Cinemagraphs! Watch movie online The Transporter Refueled (2015) 2. Jim Darling 3. San Francisco… in TOOTHPICKS 4. This is the print I got from my wife for my birthday, it’s called Creaming Child, it’s by Jay Long. If you buy the original I will shiv you. Watch Consumed (2015) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download 5. Miwa Matreyek (by way of @lekogirl) if you have a chance to see her work with Cloud Eye Control or the Rude Mechs make it so Myth and Infrastructure 4 minute excerpts from Miwa Matreyek on Vimeo.
1. As promised: MUFFINS! Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download Watch Justice League vs. Teen Titans
1. Martin Stranka 2. Stephen Cefalo – Adrift 3. OMG you guys : Liam Hart! 4. Fashion illustration for The South Sider by Jaume Vilardell 5. Light
1. Golden Rays! 2. LOFT 3. Dan Hillier via Phantasmaphile 4. Church into LOFTS! 5. Yoshimasa Tsuchiya
1. Given my recent flailings in the faerie tale world I would be lying if I said that this Sara Holbert illustration wasn’t hitting that vein pretty hard… Secret 2. Amy Neal 3. Sofia Ajram 4. George Tooker 5. Mary Poirier (with Duke) 12/8/1913 – 3/31/2011 Rest in peace Nana
1. Share Some Sugar showed me this so they win!: 2. Hey there Little Red Riding Hood… you sure are lookin’ good… 3. Design*Sponge showed me Root! Art in the Age says I can use 1 part Root to 2 parts ginger beer and ice. I think that sounds LOVELY. I have a birthday coming up. 4. Yoko d’Holbachie 5. Face Off – Shao-Kun-and-Ruggero
1. I have a birthday coming up: 2. Dear Whiners: 3. Office Depot! 4. What’s up chocolate Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake!? <a href="http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/03/guinness-chocolate-cheesecake acheter viagra gratuit.html” target=”_blank”> 5. Jessica Tremp
1. I love this space Will needs one of these.I 2. BUBBLES! Stinson Beach Bubbles (canon 550D) from markdaycomedy on Vimeo. 3. When the moon hits your eye… 4. I don’t even know what like about this from www.davidzwirner.com exactly: 5. Beer and Pretzel Marshmallows! and a bonus dancer photograph from Dancers in Our Midst:
1. The key to wisdom is having a really sweet chair to sit in while growing wise. 2. I love this ad series, just in case you missed it: 3. Paging Dr. Sheldon Cooper? We’ve found your robe: 4. Brooke Shaden needs to be doing theatrical design…. 5. A bad neighborhood…
1. IT’S FULL OF STAIRS… 2. Nasa’s last mission is underway… 3. She had her tetanus shot… 4. TEN SION meta from Jurriën Boogert on Vimeo. 5. TEN SION
1. In honor of the dearly departed St. Valentine: 2. from a devoted reader in Austin and Kyung Woo Han 3. Ruben Ireland – My Mistress’ Eyes 4. Xiau-Fong Wee – Trich 5. I getted you a pancake! David Eyre’s Pancake
1. Into the Woods – Thoroughbred art from from Paul Romano by Way of Blood Milk through Phantasmaphile. 2. Lesley-Anne Green’s Odd Dolls from Daily Art Fixx 3. A piece from Tiki-Mania-Maori by Anne Sofie Madsen 4. Lladro Lithophane Lights via Notcot.com 5. Aëla Labbé via Empty Kingdom
1. Migle G. 2. Nice Wreath 3. Gravy IN a biscuit 4. Wear a Slogan? NEVER 5. Have you kicked this year off the way you wanted to?
1. She HAS a head. You can see it! (Denise Grünstein) 2. The cake is a lie. 3. Simon Procter 4.Finding yourself isn’t species specific 5. … BONUS ANIMATED GIF MEME:
1. She’s not creepy… Nor is she… you really need to see them larger…. 2. This portrait looks like me… but all of Tod Kopke’s work is worth looking at. 3. Some really phenomenal alternate posters here… [Tomasz Opasinski] 4. Overly Optimistic but very very clever… And one for nothing from the same age: 5. Steampunk Bugs! REALLY! STEAMPUNK BUGS!!!
1. Finger Limes! 2. h/t Phantasmaphile 3. Beautiful 4. Snack time! 5. Pancakes!
1. Robots with heart! 2. Something is missing…. 3. Monsters all the way through… 4. Working panda is working…. 5. sometimes Simple is Beautiful <a href="http://www.brendanravenhill.com/index viagra en pharmacie vente.php?/objects/bare-light/”>
1. Midwinter is the single best time to make the squash do all the work : RECIPE 2. Timothy Braun has written the year end list I hope to be together enough to write in a year or two. Insightful and forceful without flailing, your sample? 12.) All I want for Christmas is for Sarah Plain to read, watch, and study every aspect of the life of Elizabeth Edwards. Read the whole thing. 3. Snow! 4. From YimmysYayo 5.from sculptor Ronit Baranga – you REALLY need to see this whole page.